The following booking conditions together with the general information are governed by and constituted in accordance with English Law and Industry Guidelines.
1. JCJourneys is a Tour Operator and part of JC Tours Ltd registered in England under company number 4148428 at Registered Address: Crowe Clark Whitehill, Black Country House, Rounds Green Road, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 2DG. Air Travel is arranged through Steamond Travel (Maida Vale).
2. Insurance It is essential that you take out or have your own travel insurance (including medical and personal loss) in order to protect yourself against unforeseen events. Our insurance is provided by our Brokers Campbell Irvine Ltd, through the carrier Euclidian, we can provide you with the relevant cover should you so wish. If you choose not to take our insurance, you must provide details of your insurer on the booking form. If you choose not to you must be aware that; You are entirely liable at your own cost for any medical treatment or emergency medical transfers, including repatriation back to your country of residence if this situation should arise. You are entirely liable for any damage caused to third party property. You are entirely liable for any lost/ delayed baggage or money. JC Tours Ltd cannot be liable for any cancellation costs; medical cost, damage costs or refunds other than those stated below.
3.Booking Procedure Holidays Villa and Chalets Once we have confirmed availability, please complete the booking form and forward it to JCJourneys, together with the non-refundable deposit, made payable to JCJourneys within 5 days. Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit, you will be sent a confirmation invoice and the booking then becomes a contract between you the customer and JCJourneys and bound by our terms and conditions. If your booking is made within 8 weeks of departure full payment is required at the time of booking.
Final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure. This payment must be made by the date stated on the invoice. Failure to meet this deadline may result in JCJourneys viewing your booking as cancelled and thereby incurring our cancellation charges.
Security Deposit (Villas) – for villa rentals we require a security deposit cheque to hold against potential villa damage or other local costs incurred during your holiday. This is due 8 weeks prior to departure. We will return this cheque 14 days following your return from holiday except in the instance when deductions have been incurred. You will be advised of this as soon as possible during your holiday or within the 14 days (or up to 3 months for telephone expenses), and the subsequent balance will then be refunded.
3a Escorted Trips and Tours As above please complete and sign The Group Booking Form This collects the personal contact details, NOK passport and Medical Information. If under 18 this MUST be signed by a Parent or Guardian and the young person travelling. Deposit and Payment requirements will be outlined on the Tour Booking Form.
4.Villa Prices Unless detailed as payable locally, the price includes: gas, electricity water, weekly linen change, plus maid service as specified. Air-conditioning, heating, pool-heating, telephone, additional maid and extra linen service are payable locally.
5.Currency Surcharges In certain very limited circumstances JCJourneys reserves the right to inform you of surcharges on the holiday cost, resulting from weakness of the £ and its effect on exchange rates.
6.Methods of Payment
Cheques are to be made payable to JCJourneys.
Please contact us if you would like to transfer the deposit and balance payments directly into our bank account. (Credit Card payments accrue a surcharge of 2.5 – 7%).
7.Amendments/Cancellations by the Customer Please carefully read your confirmation as soon as you receive it and contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. If you do not check your confirmation early we cannot accept liability.
- Amendments. Please notify the company of any amendments to your booking. Do this in writing, no later than 21 days prior to departure. If any charges or expenses are incurred as a result of conditions imposed by our suppliers, then these will be passed on to you.
- Air Tickets. Please note that any change made to airline tickets after the tickets have been issued often results in 100% cancellation charges.
- Cancellations. Cancellations should be made in writing by the signatory
of the booking form. Charges apply from the date cancellation notification is received by us, as follows:
Period before scheduled departure Cancellation charge as a percentage
within which notification is received of total holiday cost
After payment of deposit Deposit
56-35 days before departure 60% of invoiced cost
34-15 days before departure 75% of invoiced cost
14 days and departure 100% of invoiced cost
Total holiday cost excludes insurance and any amendment charges, which are not refundable.
8. Amendments/Cancellations by JCJourneys Great care is taken to ensure all information and prices given by us are correct. However, changes and errors can occur and we will advise you of these before accepting your booking. In very rare circumstances the company will have to modify a holiday before you depart. If this change is significant (that is, if it is a change of more than 12 hours in a flight time, a change of international airport and city, a change of destination or a reduction in standard of accommodation), we will notify you as early as possible and you may i) accept the modification, ii) change your booking to another available holiday, iii) cancel and receive a full refund. Costs for the Houseparty trips are based on a minimum number of passengers. In the event that we do not reach the minimum number, we will cancel the tour and refund you all your payments, or we will run the trip at the additional required costs, subject to your approval.
9. Airlines and Other Suppliers As between you and the suppliers of transport, accommodation and other components of your holiday, the conditions of the supplier will apply. Transport timings are provided by the carrier concerned and subject to weather conditions, maintenance requirements, etc. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee these times. JCJourneys has complied with the financial bonding requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority and its Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number is ATOL 6112. ATOL. We are ATOL Protected. This means for Your Financial Protection, £2.50 per person of the cost of this (air holiday package/flights -as appropriate) is paid to the Civil Aviation Authority to provide ATOL Protection to you. This means the money paid for these arrangements is fully protected. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information, visit the ATOL website www.atol.org.uk.
9a.ATOL Statement for Your Financial Protection:
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder.
However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to
appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
10.Our Responsibilities to you JCJourneys accept responsibility should you or any member of your party suffer death, personal injury, illness, loss or damage as a result of any failure to perform or improper performance of any part of our contract with you by any of our employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, providing they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us, except in the following situations:
- Any injury, illness, death, loss, loss of enjoyment, damage, expense resulting from: (i)The fault of the person(s) affected or any member of their party (ii) The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday which we could not have predicted or avoided
- Force majeure: Circumstances beyond the company’s control, the consequence of which neither the company nor its suppliers could avoid, including but not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, technical problems, natural disaster and adverse weather conditions.
- Minimum numbers: Insufficient numbers of people have booked the arrangements to make their operation financially viable in the advertised form. Cancellation by the company, as a result of insufficient bookings, will not take place after the ‘balance due’ date.
- When you book an excursion locally, you contract with the local company and not JCJourneys.
11.Your Responsibilities It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your holiday, to ensure that these are in the proper order and to take them with you. We will not be liable if you fail to do so, nor for any additional costs incurred as a result. You are also responsible for checking in for flights at the correct time and for presenting yourself to take up all pre-booked components of your holiday.
12. Number of People Please note that for villa rentals, the number of people staying during the week must not exceed the maximum number as indicated on the Booking Form.
13. Passport/Visas, Health/Vaccinations It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport (it must be valid for six months after the date of return), the necessary visas and that you conform to the health requirements of each country visited during the holiday. For advice on vaccinations and prophylaxis required in any of the countries to be visited, please consult your doctor.
14. Property Description In accordance with the Misrepresentations Act 1967 and Property Mis-Discription Act 1991 these details are prepared in good faith. Any information contained herein whether text plans or photographs is give in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement or representation of fact. All measurements or distances are approximate. We try to visit each of our properties and the subsequent descriptions and photographs were accurate at the time of publication.
Please note that these descriptions reflect the personal opinion of the author. If changes have been made to a property and we are aware of them, we will inform you. However we will not accept responsibility for any alterations made by the owners without our knowledge.
No right of cancellation shall arise in this event.
15. RISK Assessment. We conduct regular Risk Assessments on all our Villas and Escorted Tours these are clearly stated on our descriptions. Please ask for clarification if the grading needs explanation.
16.Villa Arrival and Departure Times On your arrival at the villa you will be met by the owner or local manager. You must arrive between the hours of 4pm and 6pm, unless by special arrangement. If you are prevented from arriving during these times once in-country, please call the owner or local manager on the number given to you in your information pack.
Check out time on the day of your departure is 10am. Prior to this on the same day the owner or local manager will inspect the property and subsequently confirm the final costs with you (such as extra heating and additional maid service), to be paid in local currency at that time.
17. State of the Property We would ask that you look after the property during your stay and that it is left in the state in which you found it. If the property is deemed by the owner or the owner’s local manager not to be in an acceptable condition on your departure, there will be extra cleaning costs incurred as determined by the owner or the local manager.
18. Damage Please inform the owner or the local manager immediately of any damage to the property or loss of its contents. You will be responsible for reimbursing the costs incurred, either payable locally or from the security deposit. Valuables left at the property are done so entirely at your own risk.
19.Behaviour As Party Leader, you are responsible for the civilised behaviour of your party. The owner or local manager reserves the right to ask you and your party to leave the property if your behaviour falls below those acceptable levels.
20. Animals Unfortunately we do not permit visiting dogs or pets at our properties. Please be aware that as many of our properties are out in the country, there is every chance that you may see and hear local animals, be it cats, dogs or insects such as scorpions. It is important that you advise us if you, or any of your travelling companions, suffer from allergies related to animals.
21. Swimming Pools In some of our Villas the swimming pools to remain closed during the low and shoulder seasons. Please contact us to confirm the situation with a particular villa and the additional costs incurred if you wish it to be opened and/or heated. Also the safety aspects of pools vary, if this issue causes you concern please ask us for clarification on dimensions covers and gates.
22. International Standards Please be aware that standards in various countries overseas may differ from those experienced in the UK. Examples of this may range from food and accommodation to water supplies and transport.
23. Complaints In the unlikely event that you are disappointed with the property or any of its services, you should first contact the Property Manager or Owner who will use all reasonable endeavours to solve the problem locally. If this is not possible contact us. If you feel that the problem has not been resolved you must within 7 days of returning from holiday, put your comments in writing to the Company. Please note that we will only converse with the Party Leader during the process of the complaint.
The Company cannot be held responsible for breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, etc. nor for failure of public utilities such as water and electricity. Neither the Company nor the Property Owner is responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond the control of the Company and/or the Property Owner.